Day One Morning – April 24
8:00 - 8:45 AM - Conference Registration plus Exhibition Area Open
8:45 - 9:15 AM - Puerto Rico Overview – Why Cody Shirk and FAR International are here - Rich Holman Founder FAR International /LifeAfar and Cody Shirk - Partner Explorer Equity Group, LLC
9:15 - 9:45 AM - Understanding Puerto Rico's Real Estate Business Opportunities - Adam Greenfader - AG & T, Managing Partner & Emilio Colon -Zavala, President of Puerto Rico Builders Association.
9:45 - 10:45 AM - Act 20 and Act 22: "How you can move to Puerto Rico and pay almost zero tax" - Francisco Luis Tax Partner, Kevane Grant Thornton and Attorney Edgar Rios – Act 20/22 Originator. - The Vision, Status and Future – Edgar Rios Attorney and Originator of Act 20 and Act 22.
Act 20 and Act 22
– There is only one place in the world where US citizens can avoid paying U.S. federal income tax … and it’s INSIDE the United States. That place, of course, is the U.S. commonwealth territory of Puerto Rico.
– 4% corporate taxes and 0% personal taxes – rules and regs
– How to qualify, apply and be approved
10:45 - 11:00 AM - Break - Coffee and Snacks
11:00 – 11:30AM - Sub-secretary of the Department of Economic Development and Commerce, Ian Carlo Serna - New business incentives Code for Puerto Rico and Puerto Rico's plans for future development11:30 - 12:00 AM - Expanding Tourism - Puerto Rico's Easiest Path to Success – Keith St. Clair Founder ESL Azul
12:00 - 12:30 PM - Unique Investment Opportunities with FAR International: Earn Double-Digit Returns in Puerto Rico - Rich Holman Founder FAR International / LifeAfar.
- Why FAR International is expanding its operations to Puerto Rico
- Own a beach front property in Puerto Rico at 1/3rd the cost of Miami
- The Old City of San Juan at 50% less than the Old City of Cartagena or Casco Viejo in Panama City
- Ease of Investing for US citizens in Puerto Rico
- Leverage is available to US citizens, and some foreigners, unlike most of Latin America
- Post Hurricane Maria realities
- Puerto Rico key recovery challenges
12:30 - 2:00 PM - Lunch break
Day One Afternoon – April 242:00 - 2:45 PM - Doing Business in Puerto Rico: Year Two and Beyond – Jeanelle Alemar-Escabí, CPA, CGMA, JD, LL.M.
- Puerto Rico business environment
- Growing business community
- Synergies and other incentives
- Hotel and tourism-related operations (Act 74-2010);
- Manufacturing (Act 73-2008);
- Agricultural activities (Act 225-1995)
- The film industry (Act 27-2012);
- International banking operations (Act 273-2012);
- Green energy projects (Act 83-2010);
- International insurers and re-insurers (Act 399-2010);
- Hospital facilities and medical tourism (Act 168-1968);
- Private Equity Fund (Act 185-2014); and
- Incentives Act for the Retention and Return of Medical Professionals (Act 14-2017), among others.
Service industry (Act 20-2012); and
- To investors who become residents of Puerto Rico (Act 22-2012), among others.
2:45 - 3:15 PM - Puerto Rico the "Center of the Universe" for Crypto Investors – Why living in Puerto Rico makes sense for Crypto millionaires/billionaires – Cameron Collings - Growth Hacker, Investor & Crypto Currency Advocate.
3:15 - 4:00 PM - Puerto Rico Tourism – David Towner | CEO CPG Equity Partners and White.
- A Key Investment Driver to Above Average Investment Returns
- Opportunities to Engage Puerto Rico´s Vibrant Cruise Line Industry
- Reaching the Asian Tourism Market for Puerto Rico
- San Juan—Puerto Rico’s Beating Heart
- Getting to know the Island
- Old San Juan: Puerto Rico's Colonial Treasure and Expat Haven
- Puerto Rico growth and plans
4:00 - 4:30 PM - The Commercial Business Climate in San Juan – Isabel Hernández, CPA, Partner, Tax Kevane Grant Thornton LLP
- The World Economic Forum’s (WEF) 2012-2013 Competitiveness Report ranked Puerto Rico 30 out of 142 countries in the world, first in Latin America and third in all the Americas.
- Ease of doing business
- Commercial lending
- Puerto Rico’s Top Residency Visa Option – EB 5 Investor Visa
- Tax and business incentives
- Puerto Rico Regulatory Environment
- Act 20 and 22 impact
4:30 - 5:15 PM - Cody Shirk Topic – Why Puerto Rico is the Perfect Fit for Millennials and Gen Xers
5:15 - 6:00 PM - Doing Business in Puerto Rico Panel - to discuss doing business in Puerto Rico, business incentives, banking services, regulatory environment, ease of doing business, employment considerations and commercial climate. Panelists include Emilio Zavala - Pres Puerto Rico Builders Association, Cherif Medawar Old City business developer, Alberto Baco - Strategic Advisor-Business Developer- Investor-former Director of Puerto Rico Economic Development Bank, Jon Borschow - President and CEO, Foundation for Puerto Rico, Jaime Morgan Stubbe - Managing Director, Real Estate Sales & Marketing, Dorado Beach Resort
6:30 - 8:00 PM - Marriott poolside reception for cocktails and appetizers
Day Two Morning – April 25
8:30 - 9:15 AM - Finding Support from Peers and Integrating to the Island - Moderator Rich Holman – Lead Panelist - Robb Rill (Director of Act 20/22 Society – Miguel Ferrer, Chairman - Ferrer Faass & Co, LLC - Peter Schiff, CEO and Chief Global Strategist of Euro Pacific Capital Inc. – Harry Dent Jr., Senior Editor Economy & Markets
9:15 - 9:45 AM - Why as a successful RE Hedge Fund Manager from California I chose to invest in Old San Juan PR since 2003, and how I implement other little known tax incentives from PR other than act 20/22 - Cherif Medawar, CEO CMREI
9:45 - 10:15 AM - Airbnb Opportunities in San Juan – Jasper Ribbers, Founder Get Paid for Your Pad (Airbnb Blogger). Topics include how competitive is the San Juan Airbnb market, what can you expect to make in rental returns and how does this relate to real estate prices and other comparable markets
10:15 - 11:00 AM - Experts Panel - Business Development in a Tax Efficient Environment – Jeanelle Alemar-Escabí - CPA, CGMA, JD, LL.M., María de los Angeles Rivera - Administrative Tax Partner and IBC Director, Kevane Grant Thornton, Michael Scott Williams – founder of several Puerto Rican companies including El Morro Financial and the Kinetic family of companies, Juan Carlos Stolberg - attorney, co-founder Piloto 151, San Juan’s first co-working space
11:00 - 11:15 AM - Coffee and Snack Break
11:15 - 11:45 AM - Puerto Rico Plans for Expanding the Economy, Business and Tourism - Gustavo Velez, Economist – CEO Inteligencia Económica Inc.
11:45 - 12:15 PM - The Puerto Rico Growth & Income Fund – The Perfect Investment Opportunity at the Perfect Time – Rich Holman LifeAFAR
12:30 - 2:00 PM - Lunch Break
Day Two Afternoon – April 25
2:00 PM - Buses Leave Marriott for Second Day Afternoon Out of The Marriott
- FAR International – Commercial PREPs visits from FAR International
- See key neighborhoods and opportunities in Old San Juan, Calle Loiza, Candado Beach & Ocean Park
- Cody Shirk Explorer Group – Exploring Cody Shirk projects
6:00 - 8:00 PM - Old San Juan Cocktail Party at the El Convento – FAR International and Cody Shirk Attendees
Day Three Morning- April 26
8:30 - 9:00 AM - Global Express Business Center Plans for Puerto Rico – Sam Miller LifeAfar
9:00 - 9:30 AM - U.S. Expat Taxes and Offshore Investment Strategies plus special coverage for tax strategies for Crypto Investors - Vincenzo Villamena, CEO Online Taxman
9:30 - 10:00 AM - Using your IRA to Fund your Puerto Rico Investments – Shellie H. Hart Jr. Tax Attorney – Founder IRA Village
10:00 - 10:15 AM - Coffee Break
10:15 - 11:15 AM - Final Q&A Panel Covering Conference Questions/Concerns Plus New Insights for Permitting, Blockchain, etc. - Olga J. Munoz, CAAPPR, AIA Managing Partner Soltero Munoz + Associates - Giovanni Méndez, Esq., 2nd, Managing Member, Global Economic Optimization - Jasper Ribbers, Founder Get Paid for Your Pad (Airbnb Blogger), and Cody Shirk, Partner Explorer Equity Group, LLC
11:15 - 11:45 AM - Living the Dream in Puerto Rico
- This Location Independent Entrepreneur/Investor's Journey from Seattle to San Juan – Andrew Wick
- Why I Moved my Law Practice to Puerto Rico - John Hyre, JD, IRA Lawyer
- Connected Crypto Investor, Act 20/22 Participant and Puerto Rico Real Estate Investor — Gary Woods
11:45 - 12:00 PM - What We’ve Learned… And Taking Those Exciting Next Steps – Rich Holman FAR International
Conference ends at 12:00 PM
– Suggested tour options for attendees for afternoon of April 26 (Tour Costs are not included in Conference fee):
- Tour of the Historic Fort and Old City w/dinner
- Bacardi VIP Tasting Tour
– For April 27 All Day
- Culebra Snorkeling Tour (details to be announced for tours and costs not included in Conference fee)
– Also, Afternoon April 26 and all-day April 27
- Flex Time for any attendees needing more time with FAR International or certain conference speakers/experts
Speakers and presentation times are still being finalized and are subject to change.